Monday, August 17, 2009

Trouble in Kolkata!

I was trying to check out the subtitles in Sano Sansar [there are a few typos...] when my computer froze. I tried to re-start it, and it just died!

I hadn't backed up two days' worth of translations that I had completed. I am a day behind schedule now, and I an already on a very tight schedule. I am panicking now, because it seems like there is a hardware malfunction. Or a virus might have got to it, although that is very unlikely, since I haven't been online since leaving Kathmandu, and have shared a USB with another computer that has a pretty good Norton AVP.

I have already wasted a day, and I can't aford to waste another day, but the technician is not here yet. I don't know when he will get here. I don't even have a phone to coordinate with him. Kinda tragic it is.

On the other hand, Alok Nembang's movie starts shooting tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Repblica's feature on August 21st?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ??

    I don't know. I am in Kolkata. Something by Arpan Shrestha with me talking crap?

    ReplyDelete

Yeah. Do that. I'm lurking, waiting for your comments. Yeah. Do it just like that. You know I like it. You know you want to. Yeah.