Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Turn, Return

I finished translating the book [Sambidhan ma Dalit] this afternoon. Need to proofread it, and won't have the time to copy edit it, although it could really, really use some good copy editing.

Hi Ken! Thanks for the tip regarding ears and filthy swimming pools. I don't think I will be entering a body of water anytime the rest of my life. If I ever go deep-sea diving, it will have to be in a vessel, and not like you at all.

I am taking the train back to Raxaul tomorrow. Two-tier AC, no less, courtesy Elena, for I am broke, broke, broke. And the old disease of ATMs tricking me over the weekends has caught up with me. In a puff of smoke, the money Yagya had put into my account disappeared through the sieve of international banking laws...

But, renewed. Energized. Want to make money now. Screw art. Screw writing for the sake of writing. I would cross the border with a brick of cocaine if I could find one, just to start making money.

I am going to start making TV ads for chewing tobacco. Or toilet plungers. Or nylon wigs for middle-aged bureaucrats. Or hashish chewing-gum for nuns in Darjeeling. Or grain alcohol for pregnant women. Anything that will make me money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah. Do that. I'm lurking, waiting for your comments. Yeah. Do it just like that. You know I like it. You know you want to. Yeah.