Thursday, March 17, 2016

Sneaky!

So - It has been years since I wrote here at all. The last post was about TVA - two years old now! I am sneaking in here, without letting anyone know. I doubt if anybody ever set an automatic link to this blog.

What have I been up to? My movie "Suntali" released, so some critical acclaim inside the country, and recognition at the Busan International Film Festival. TVA launched, mostly to critical, was shortlisted for the Shakti Bhatt First Book Prize, but didn't win. I have finished teaching 7 semesters at KU Center for Art and Design. La.Lit has published 5 volumes so far, and the sixth is coming out soon. Six years of living in Sanepa. The earthquake, of course, the earthquake of 2015.

Working on a translation of Indra Bahadur Rai's short stories. Started off at a pretty pace, but now it is a mortal struggle.

Signed contract for a novel.

Translated an excerpt from Khagendra Sangroula's Junkiri ko Sangeet - that wasn't easy.

Went to Goa. Didn't go to Lahore.

Started living in Kumari Basti.

Here's a photo from Goa, of me and Tuan:


Here's another, of Tuan in Nepal, specifically, Tuan and Sushrut, with a stray dog, at the Saraswati temple in Budhanilkantha School.
  that is all for now!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that you weren't as sneaky as you thought. Looking forward to your upcoming novel. :)

    ReplyDelete

Yeah. Do that. I'm lurking, waiting for your comments. Yeah. Do it just like that. You know I like it. You know you want to. Yeah.