Saturday, February 24, 2024

Bye bye, Markhu!

Nothing as annoying as not finding one's own writing interesting. So I have come back to Sanepa from Markhu. 6000 or intended 20000 words done, though. I was waiting to get over the 10k hump - the next milestone is usually at the 16k mark, after which the characters and events want to race to 20k. But, looks like it will be a few more days before I get over the hump. I have no choice but to set the novel aside in March, though - must race to finish Bhesh Bahadur Thapa's book. 

Here are some photos:

Tree near Chitlang, overexposed and out of focus, just like the house below. But I like them.

This reminded me of the four pigeons on a line, which has been my profile photo since around 2008, I think :)


Picnic-going public.
Picnic being set up. Dipak and I were wondering if this is a school thing. It seems it is a student union thing - Nepali Congress affiliated NeBiSangh was ferrying multiple busloads of people to Markhu.

Across the lake.


Blue-shifted, lake, boats. 

Something fascinating about the new road, line of alders and hill of pines. 

I tried to photograph a tree of laliguras, but the other photos were all so generic and no fun. This overexposed one finally let the red of the rhoddies pop. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah. Do that. I'm lurking, waiting for your comments. Yeah. Do it just like that. You know I like it. You know you want to. Yeah.