Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Back!

I am back!

I plan on not telling anyone about the renaissance of my poor blog. Mostly because there is not much to write about these days--I have tired of writing about Kathmandu, or my work [and lack thereof]; and I am working towards yet another movie script that can't be discussed. A man who sits at his desk all day and has nothing new to say--not very exciting read, is it?

But,

I can talk about Dalan, the tele-serial by Nabin Subba and Aahuti and Jagaran Media, for which I am engaged in writing English subtitles. The work is in turns tedious and heart-rending. I haven't finished much of it, and I can't post clips from Dalan here, but the more I think of the work, the more I have been consumed by the notion that a novelization would be a great idea. It could go episodically, perhaps start as short stories by a handful of writers who take an an episode and make it into a short story.

I doubt if you, who've come to this blog, have seen Dalan. However, there are over 400 "Dalan Film Clubs" around the world now. Once the tele-serial gets translated, it should reach more people. But, a chapter-by-chapter novelization would reach even more people, I think, from it being available as text.

In any case, here I am now.

1 comment:

Yeah. Do that. I'm lurking, waiting for your comments. Yeah. Do it just like that. You know I like it. You know you want to. Yeah.