Thursday, January 8, 2009

Picture Time!


I am listening to Allah Ho! by Ustad Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan Saheb, and trying to finish some very long overdue translation work [late by 6 months, can you believe?]...

Today, incidentally, marks the completion of 10 whole months [300 days?] of my return to Kathmandu. Not much to show for it, I sometimes think, but then again, I am about to finish translating a book of short stories [although the book will be rather short itself: with 16 stories, it is still shorter than some stories I have written in the past]; I did help write and assisted with a 20-minute short film; and I am about to sign a contract to write a feature film, have the old project still creeping towards completion, and recently agreed to write yet another movie by April. In the meantime, I had one story publish in an anthology, getting bad reviews for my story initially, but slowly people seem to have accepted the story for what it is, instead of trying to pigeonhole it to suit their expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah. Do that. I'm lurking, waiting for your comments. Yeah. Do it just like that. You know I like it. You know you want to. Yeah.