Thursday, May 7, 2009

Falling Sick

I had my imminent illness explained to me by a micro-bus driver. He wasn't talking to me, but screaming at his khalasi, for buying a bottle of water that had been sitting in the freezer.

"You get sick if you drink very cold water in hot weather." Now, to me that seemed odd. I thought you wanted it cold, you know, to cool you off. But, apparently, it is bad for you to drink water too cold if the day is too hot.

Yagya bought a very cold bottle of water, and it was very hot indeed, so I poured it into my mouth. I could feel it burn the back of my throat. But, I thought nothing of it. Then we added some beer to the mix. My guess is: the too-cold water freezer-burned by throat; the cold water depressed the immune system momentarily; the beer added to the same. Now I have a very scratchy throat that seems to have caught something. I woke up with phlegm, and now one nostril is blocked.

In other news: I don't give a rat's ass about the politics. I think most of the excitement is behind us now. The only possibly explosive/outrageous thing would be if the Maoists killed the man they have arrested for leaking the tape out. He is in custody in Shaktikhor, which is where the video was shot. I am sure it hurts the PLA members a little to see PKD so vehemently deny everything they stand for: a final, bloody revolution.

And, do you know why I don't believe in what PKD says about the party's change in direction? Because the base is still talking about "enemies" and "blood-red revolution." And I am not talking about what they say in their meetings--this is the language they use in a forum organized by INGOs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah. Do that. I'm lurking, waiting for your comments. Yeah. Do it just like that. You know I like it. You know you want to. Yeah.