Monday, May 11, 2009

Yes!

It is raining! It was raining hard, then it subsided a little, now it is picking up to a medium pace. At least it has cooled the air a little. This means it will be terribly hot for a few days, though, with all the rain making the air humid.

I am taking an anti-biotic for my cough, which I got semi-tricked into. Because my sister in law is a nurse, she and my brother thought it better to buy me antibiotics instead of the Himalayan Herbal's "Kofet" I had been taking to soothe my throat. The antibiotic wasn't going to help me instantaneously. I spent an hour agonized, trying to cough up nothing, before giving in and buying the bottle of Kofet, which was immediate relief. It is all the purified honey in it that does it.

I had a meeting with a bunch of INGO/NGO/Government Employees types. People are extra cautious and polite when they are trying to run a scam, but all I was doing was giving them a story. I got pissed at a man criticizing the story I had written, so asked him if he had actually read the damn thing. They complained that they couldn't understand the story. Trust me, it is not a difficult story at all... it might just have been that they aren't in a habit of reading narratives. You'd be surprised how little skill some people have in gleaning what is hidden in a story. I was pissed--at the duplicity of people involved in the project more than anything else. The thread of lies is becoming stretched very, very thin. It is not possible to accomplish certain things in the time frame promised, but people seem to want to happily sail along.

We'll see. I am tired of working in response to idiots who add nothing to my skills or life experience.

3 comments:

  1. PraWIN,
    You were complaining of Flu(?). So, i guess, coryza, non-productive cough, sore throat, nasal congestion must be present; Additional features are flushed face(?) or conjunctival redness(?). These symptoms in healthy adults suggest of viral respiratory tract infection. NOT a bacterial infection caused by Streptococcus pyogenes.That is the reason why u felt antibiotic therapy not-so-helpful.

    The best thing to do now is to continue the full course of whichever antibiotic u r taking. Meantime, try Salt- water gargling; this will soothe your throat. In severe condition,however anesthetic gargles and lozenges may provide additional relief.

    Remember next time, yours tratment regimen for this kind of complain is
    1. Rest in bed, must
    2. Analgesic and a cough mixture
    3. Amantadine to decrease the duration of symptoms and sign (optional, beneficial when taken early before onset of disease's symptoms)
    4. Antibiotics should be reserved for treatment for bacterial complication


    Take care. Wishing rapid recovery:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, MBR!

    Re: bed rest: not really possible these days, since multiple deadlines are still looming. At least I am beginning to enjoy writing one of the projects after some good friends sent some good lines, and some other friends were simply encouraging. I think the first draft will be better than I expected, which means, inevitably, the task of writing/plowing through the second draft will be much easier.

    I am a big fan of Koflet by now. It gives instantaneous relief, has a very slight narcotic effect, but no sedative effect, so that I can continue working if I drink some tea, and gives me a long night's rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyway best of luck in your writing and yes if not bed rest take rest,
    Good Night!

    ReplyDelete

Yeah. Do that. I'm lurking, waiting for your comments. Yeah. Do it just like that. You know I like it. You know you want to. Yeah.