Sunday, May 3, 2009

Standoff!


First: politics in Nepal is getting spicier. Times are getting more interesting. Coup? I think not. Street confrontations? I think so. I think the Maoist party will be conclusively shown how delusional it has remained about its position within the civil society, and the rest of the world will be shown how much the Maoists still covet their brutish strength, their capacity to force their way into or out of a political situation.

Second: check out the photo! That's me, circa 90/91. My guess is that it is sometime before I joined Budhanilkantha, possibly the passport-size pictures taken for the entrance exams and subsequent paperwork.

Thank you, Hikmat dai, for emailing me this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Yeah. Do that. I'm lurking, waiting for your comments. Yeah. Do it just like that. You know I like it. You know you want to. Yeah.